Monday, March 1, 2010

Round Top, Texas!




I'm going again.  I was new to the "event" last year, but now I am
an experienced Round Topper (my own word).  Still if anyone has been, I would love some pointers on where you have visited and what you found.  What is your favorite stop?  The ladies that have invited me(mostly Louisiana lovelies and my best friend Jane) have the "eatin" places down to a science, and a B&B booked, of which I will not mention (it's a secret location).  I do want to get invited back so my lips are sealed.


It literally is several small Texas towns. And if you own some land or want to lease some space you can put up a booth.  Rolling hills worth of huge tents, barns, lean to's, you name it.  For about two weeks, twice a year they pop up and then they are gone.  Part of the mystique right.


I did find these blogs with some great pictures and information.
Treasure hunting will include, silver, white plates, crystal creamers and anything else that catches my eye.  Now the budget, I mean how much $$$ to bring.... no worry, there are ATM's everywhere.  Unlike Canton, Texas this area is not dry, so half the fun is already in the trunk of the car.  Gotta love it.  You know a girl can get thirsty all that shopping and stuff.

Ahhh, my heart with pleasure fills....


3 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like fun. I wish we had an event around here like that. I hope you find oodles of goodies and come back and show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    What a wonderful compliment to be acknowledged with your blogger award! Thank you!! I'm trying to create a hyperlink to link back to your blog in my post and can't figure out how to do that. Can you possibly help? What's the trick?
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...I FINALLY got my post done for my links...it was fun to think about, thanks for passing it on!!
    OK....and I've never heard about this event! It sounds so fun! Take good notes. :O) I can't wait to see what you find.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...